But, I'm not as big a fan of regular white potatoes.
While I fondly call myself a meat & potatoes kind of gal -- I should really call myself a meat & sweet potatoes kind of gal.
I like the sweetness of those orange taters, while I find white potatoes rather bland and starchy -----until I add mayo!
This Creamy Garlic Red Potato Salad is coated in mayonnaise -- add more if you like your salad extra creamy!
I prefer to make this salad in advance, then cover and cool in the refrigerator for several hours before serving. Like most mayo-based, non-leafy salads, allowing the salad to marinate overnight heightens the flavors and tastiness!
CREAMY GARLIC RED POTATO SALAD
Recipe type: Salad
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Paleo, Whole30, 21DSD
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 5 servings
1 serving : 157 calories // 25 C // 5 F // 3 P
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes, cut into bite-sized wedges
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise (I love Primal Kitchen mayo!)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 2-3 Tbsp. green onion, finely diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Place bite-sized wedged potatoes in a large pot. Cover potatoes with water 1 inch above potatoes. Stir in salt and bring the water to a boil.
2. Once boiling, adjust heat to medium-high and bring to a continuous gentle boil; cook until the potatoes are tender, 5-8 minutes.
3. Drain the potatoes and rinse under cool water. Transfer potatoes to a bowl and allow to cool.
4. While the potatoes are boiling, in a medium bowl, whisk together red onion, Dijon mustard, mayo, lemon, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder and dried dill.
5. Allow the potatoes to cool, at least 10-20 minutes. When the potatoes are cool, combine the dressing and potatoes. Mix well.
6. Add green onion, salt and pepper to taste. Toss again.
You can serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for several hours, then serve. Allowing the salad to sit for several hours or overnight intensifies the flavors!