These Garlic-Roasted Hasselback Potatoes are great to make ahead of time, like on a meal prep Sunday cooking day. Wash and clean a bunch of potatoes, carefully slice them up and get to stuffing with butter, garlic and your favorite herbs! Enjoy it!
Garlic-Roasted Hasselback Potatoes
Recipe type: Paleo, Whole30
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
Makes 6 servings
1 serving : 145 calories // 23 C // 5 F // 2 P
- 2 pounds of small potatoes
- 1/2 white onion, halved, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons of butter/ghee, melted
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease the bottom of a baking dish.
- Wash potatoes and dry well.
- Slice a thin layer off the bottom off the potatoes, so the potato sits flat.
- Slice potato into thin slices, nearly 3/4 of the way through the potato, ensuring the potato remains connected along the bottom.
- Place potatoes tightly together in the baking dish.
- Place halved onion slices in between potato slices, roughly 3-5 per potato.
- Brush melted butter/ghee over potatoes. Place pressed garlic and thyme over potatoes. Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper over potatoes. Brush to distribute.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until slightly crispy.