You want dinner fast? Great, get out the shrimp. This Garlic Butter & Lemon Shrimp recipe is ready in less than 20 minutes. Seriously, defrost those little guys and let's get to it! Shrimp is one of the quickest protein sources to get food on the table FAST. I try to cook seafood twice per week, and one of those two days includes a shellfish variety -- like, shrimp or scallops.
Now that Trader Joe's is stocking cauliflower rice -- let's all please jump and rejoice at once -- there are no more trails of cauliflower confetti from the food processor to the skillet. Just open the bag, pour and toss.
This recipe is a no-brainer, really. You'll do it once, and never forget the ingredients.
Serve however you'd like. I like to replicate the ever-popular Chipotle bowl. Place a bed of lettuce or cauliflower on the bottom, top with guacamole or avocado, cilantro, pico de gallo and go to town.
Simple Garlic Butter & Lemon Shrimp
Cuisine: Whole30, 21DSD, Paleo, Primal
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 3 TBSP butter
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 pound medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. zest of lemon
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Top with fresh cilantro, slices of avocado and serve over bed of cauliflower rice
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add pressed garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and stir occasionally until pink and opaque, 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in juice of lemon, zest of lemon and cilantro. Add salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp over bed of cauliflower rice and top with fresh cilantro and slices of avocado.