Cauliflower rice is quickly becoming a household staple. Whether you choose to use a food processor and pulse a head of raw cauliflower, or buy a pre-riced frozen variety at your local grocer or Trader Joe's-- it's a must-have staple to create delicious dishes, like this savory Fried Cauliflower Rice with Chicken Sausage recipe.
As always, I'm a fan of quick dinners and meals. This one will get you in and out in about 20 minutes. If you're making this for yourself, you will definitely have leftovers. Just place in a glass container, and store in the fridge or freezer.
Fried Cauliflower Rice with Chicken Sausage
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Paleo, Primal, Whole30, 21DSD
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Makes 3 servings
1 serving : 278 // 10 C // 10 F // 37 P
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Sauté and stir mushrooms, ginger and onion for 2-3 minutes. Add carrots and ground chicken, breaking apart sausage until cooked through.
- Add coconut aminos, fish sauce and ground black pepper; stir for 1-2 minutes. Remove mixture from skillet and place in heat-resistant bowl. Set aside.
- Crack, stir and scramble eggs in skillet. Add cauliflower rice, green onions and pour chicken mixture back into skillet. Combine thoroughly, stirring for 4-5 minutes.
- Top with green onions and serve!