As the saying goes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
Truthfully, I think every meal (and snack) is the most important meal of the day.
Where I think breakfast is the most important meal of the day, is that it sets the tone for the day.
When I take time to invest in myself -- whether that's sipping a cup of coffee, chatting with my husband, or going for a run -- I'm more likely to have a good day if I've invested time and energy into myself.
But, here's the rub. We're all scrambling for time. The minute we roll our of bed, our to-do list is a dozen items long and we're already thinking about how far behind we are.
A breakfast like this one takes 10 minutes. It's 10 minutes you deserve. Just like investing, it takes some work up front, but it pays for itself in the long run.
If you're gluten-free, I recommend and love Canyon Gluten-Free Bakehouse bread. It's usually available at Whole Foods and Target. Now, go conquer your day!
Egg White Spinach Avocado Toast
Recipe type: Breakfast
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Makes 1 serving
1 serving : 431 calories // 43 C // 15 F // 31 P
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup spinach
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 slices Mountain White Canyon Gluten-Free Bakehouse bread, toasted
- 1/4 avocado, mashed (30 grams)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Using a medium skillet over medium heat, spray skillet with olive oil or non-stick cooking oil.
- Add minced shallot and saute for 1 minute. Add halved cherry tomatoes; saute and stir for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Pour beaten egg whites, egg and spinach into the skillet. Cook over medium heat until soft and spinach is wilted, roughly 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and shallot back to skillet and toss with eggs and spinach.
- Mash avocado with a fork and spread onto toasted Mountain White Canyon Gluten-Free Bakehouse bread. Top with egg mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.