Salad season is upon us and that means vegetables have an excuse to be lathered in a sauce, cream or vinaigrette!
As we know, bottled salad dressing can turn a plate of nutrient-rich veggies into a mound of "yikes, you should have just ordered a burger".
So instead, make the dressing and know what you're putting in your salad bowl and into your body.
If you prefer a thicker ranch dressing, place a can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, remove the lid and use the separated cream, or use a can of the thick Coconut Cream from Trader Joe's. I like a thicker dressing to dip carrots or bell peppers.
Otherwise, use coconut milk (and even add a bit more coconut milk) for a slightly thinner dressing. Gently coat a salad made of butter lettuce, radicchio and thinly sliced radishes.
Enjoy your Classic, Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing, once again!
CLASSIC DAIRY-FREE RANCH DRESSING
Recipe type: Dressing
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Paleo, Whole30, 21DSD
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Makes 9 servings
1 serving : 100 calories // 0 C // 11 F // 0 P
- 1/2 cup avocado/olive oil-based mayonnaise or Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (for a thicker dressing, chill the coconut milk and use the seperated cream, or buy Coconut Cream from Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 tsp. juice of fresh lemon
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. fresh chives
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and coconut milk. Whisk together until smooth. Add remaining ingredients, less salt and pepper and whisk until well combined.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within one week.