In an effort to increase the nutrient-richness on my plate, I've set about to eat a green vegetable at every meal.
Why green? Green vegetables like kale, chard, spinach and the like are nutrient-dense. And if left to my own devices, I consider a sweet potato a perfectly acceptable lone vegetable to consume at every meal. And it's not like I haven't.
As winter is coming about, eating a big leafy green salad seems less appetizing. This Creamy & Crunchy Broccoli Salad is a colorful, crunchy display of a different kind of salad -- full of broccoli, nuts, dried cranberries and a homemade mayonnaise-based dressing or my favorite mayonnaise from Primal Kitchen.
Enjoy as a side dish to dinner, or as a hearty part of your lunch!
Creamy & Crunchy Broccoli Salad
Recipe type: Whole30, Paleo
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Makes 4 servings
1 serving : 204 calories // 15 C // 12 F // 9 P
- 3 medium-sized brocolli heads
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 Tbsp. walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp. almonds, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (these are sweetened with organic apple juice concentrate -- most dried cranberries have added sugar and/or canola/vegetable oil -- be on the lookout!)
- ¼ cup homemade mayonnaise or Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Chop broccoli florets into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped broccoli florets, walnuts, almonds, red onion, cranberries and cooked, chopped bacon.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and apple cider vinegar.
- Scoop mayonnaise dressing into broccoli salad. Combine thoroughly and serve!