I wish seafood was less expensive. Or that I was a fisherman, and I could fish everyday and eat scallops. And smoked salmon. And shrimp. I love the taste of seafood, and the way it makes me feel after eating it.
Even after eating a mini cascade of scallops, I feel light and happy -- not weighed down and heavy. Two thumbs up!
This recipe combines a few of my favorites -- butter, garlic and prosciutto -- alongside the aforementioned beloved scallops. The herby butter and salty prosciutto put a smile on my face and a hand on my happy belly. Best of all, this recipe takes about 15 minutes from prep to fork.
Serve alongside blanched asparagus, then quickly sautéed in butter. Or whatever other side dish suits your fancy. ENJOY!
Buttered Scallops with Crisped Prosciutto Bits
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Whole30, Paleo, Gluten-free
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 17 mins
Makes 3 servings
1 serving : 261 calories // 8 C // 17 F // 19 P
- 2 slices prosciutto, cut into 1/2" wide strips
- 1.5 TBSP butter
- 8 ounces of scallops
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 TBSP juice of fresh lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh parsley, finely minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place slices of prosciutto on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 8 minutes, or until slightly crispy.
- While the prosciutto is in the oven, in a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the scallops and season with a dash of salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side, or until slightly browned. Turn off heat and transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Quickly rinse the skillet under hot water, careful not to burn yourself. Place the skillet back on the stove.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt the remaining half tablespoon of the butter. Add the minced garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute. Add lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
- Remove prosciutto from the oven. Crumble or cut prosciutto into small pieces.
- Pour lemon butter over scallops and top with prosciutto pieces and finely minced parsley.